Monday, August 6, 2012

New Family: Robin and Josh Whitcomb

I have traded emails with Robin and she has written the following:

"A little bit about my recent diagnosis; about 10 weeks ago I found out that I have Stage II invasive breast cancer, which has spread to my lymph nodes. I have 16 weeks in total of chemotherapy, treatments are every other week. After the chemo is finished in the fall I will have surgery, then most likely radiation, and a year of hormone infusion therapy every three weeks.

Up until last semester my husband, Josh, and I were full time students studying at UMASS and GCC. Josh will continue to attend full time for one more year before obtaining his bachelor's degree and I will reduce my studies to part time. Josh also works part time for my stepfather's cleaning business and I am a stay at home Mom to Cole and Hanna. Hanna has been going to daycare 2 days a week during the summer, but she will increase to full time in the fall so I can go to my treatments and school."

She is reluctant to receive help as she prefers to be the one helping.  I have been clear, once she gets better we are going to put her to work for the next family.

So, what can we do for the Whitcomb family? 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! We can ALL share this on our social networks! That would be a start. This gal would never ask for help, but i'll be glad to!

    ReplyDelete