Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Art of Helping

As I sat this week with my wife in the hospital, I was once again reminded why exactly an organization like a friend to friend is vital for our community.  My wife makes our money and she is self-employed.  You don't make too much money in a hospital bed, but this isn't about my family.  We are fine.  She is back home and will be back to work next week.  We have all that we need, most of what we want and plenty of help that surrounds us.

But what if we weren't ok?

What if she was in the hospital for weeks?  Months?

What if we didn't have a strong network of friends and family surrounding us, offering to help us, watch the kids, feed us, etc?

Once again, the need for a community building organization that provides direct, immediate relief and support to a family in crisis hits home for me.

I am asking you again, how can you help?

What would you need in a crisis?

Right now we are focusing on the Chapin family.  The latest family to come forward in need of community organization, support, and yes, money.

The community has come together around the Chapins.  Some are selling decals and bracelets, some that don't know the family but understand the power of a many coming together for one cause.

People are organizing a large benefit (August 12), people Justin works with from the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, friends, family, and strangers.

Justin is waiting for results from a recent PET scan.  He is getting results today, July 19, 2012.

I will ask again and again and again and again,

How can you help?

If you have specific ideas, fundraising ideas, things you want to just run by me, send me a message.  I'm open to new energy, new ideas, creative ideas......how can you make a difference?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment